Comments and critiques are welcome. Just don't be a troll, no one likes a troll.

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

QOTD–What Possession Could You Not Live Without?

If you haven’t figured it out yet, I’m flying by the seat of my pants here.

I have a full year’s worth of these questions saved on my laptop but I’m not looking ahead. These answers aren’t being written in advance, they’re being written about 30 seconds after I read the question.

Sort of a lightning round style.

This keeps me from writing, analyzing the  post, then rewriting. Because I can do that all day long and never get anywhere.

I’m also writing these post in the evening usually right before bedtime. This forces me to stick to a deadline. Right now I have about an hour and a half to finish this before it’s midnight.

If I go past midnight then it’s not the “Question of the Day” it’s the “Question of the Day I Should Have Answered Yesterday But Didn’t So Now I have Two Questions To Answer Today”.

So what possession could I not live without?

I’m sure this is referring to something of sentimental value such as my Dad’s guitar or my Mom’s Miracle Ware roaster.

Or it could be referring to something a little more philosophical such as freedom.

All good answers but I’m going with a material possession. 

I thought about my car because without a car then I wouldn’t be able to work but there are millions of people without cars and they commute back and forth to work just fine.

My house? Not really because I could always rent.

A Phone? Maybe but I really don’t talk on the phone that much. I’m a 3 minutes max type of person. (Hello. How are you doing? Great. I’m doing good. Want to go to the game on Saturday? Sure. Ok, see you then. Bye.) Quick, get straight to the point and hang up.

So I guess if I had to pick one item, I would have to say it would be my laptop.

My laptop allows me to communicate with family and friends, keep up with current events, express myself, stay organized, read, and listen to music.

Lame answer?

Maybe but during the lightning round you don’t always get the number one answer on the board. 

 

 

While writing this I was listening to " Far" from "NoiseTrade – 2012 Holiday Road Trip Mixtape" by "Canopy Climbers"

 

I never thought that I'd leave you waiting
For me to figure this out on my own
There are days that I wake up wondering
If I would be better off on my own


When I'm fast asleep I run away
Please take me far from this place
If home is where my heart will stay
Why do you lead me away?


I never thought that I'd have the weight of
All of the world in my hands
(Where you go, I will follow)
Through all the noise and lack of silence
It's never been harder to hear


When I'm fast asleep I run away
Please take me far from this place
If home is where my heart will stay
Why do you lead me away?


Where you lead, I will go
Where you go, I will follow

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. ~Author Unknown