Comments and critiques are welcome. Just don't be a troll, no one likes a troll.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

QOTD–What Was The Hardest Thing You Were Dealing With?

Lately it has been which direction I want to take with my job. I have a background in IT so I have been keeping an eye out for that 40hr position that so rarely pops up in the library world. Back in November, one did and I applied.

The posting closed at the beginning of December so I waited and waited and waited to hear if I scored an interview.

After a month I had assumed that I didn’t get one.

I wasn’t looking for change because I hated my current job or didn’t like the people I work with. It’s just the opposite. There are just some days I don’t feel challenged. I was ok with this and had resolved to make the best of where I was.

Then the phone rang.

I got an interview if I wanted.

Sure, I said, I’d love it.

But I wasn’t sure. I had a good job, decent pay, great co-workers, and a great boss. I haven’t been this happy in years. Did I really want to risk that for the unknown?

I’m not OLD but I am getting older and there was no going back if it didn’t work out. I’d be an unemployed 50-something guy looking for a job that paid enough to help keep us afloat and pay the mortgage.

After almost a week of fretting and talking it over with Evelyn, I opted for security over adventure. I called my potential future boss and withdrew my application.

Now I’m dealing with the debate of should I or shouldn’t I have gone through with the interview. I have managed to frustrate myself because I don’t know if I would have been the top candidate or just the guy who made a good showing but not good enough.

I feel like I may have dented my reputation and put myself into sort of a slump but I am also aware that this may just be my perception of the situation.

So in the next week or so, I need to take a couple of steps back, regain my footing, scope out where I am, and begin moving forward again with my life and the pursuit of happiness.

Or winning the lottery, whichever comes first.  

 

 

While writing this I was listening to " Amy Stroup - Back Burner (from MTV's Happyland)" from "As Heard on TV - Volume III" by "Amy Stroup"

 

I, I close my eyes but I can't sleep.
I, I am drawn to the heat, and I am curious.
You was the worst, but you don't know the dangerous.
I burn up the lights trying to picture us.
You are still on my mind.
You are still on my mind.
You really bring the heartbreak closer.
When you come around, I am up and down
You flip me like a rollercoaster
I think I understand it now
It's not the pain that can hurt ya.
I am wishing that I just knew how
To put ya on the back burner, honey.
Wait, I am over the ocean as its goes
Turn, I won't turn around if I am evil
Cry, you crying tears that I am leaving
You got to go on from here, don't try to interfere.
You are still on my mind.
You are still on my mind.
You really bring the heartbreak closer.
When you come around, I am up and down
You flood me like a rollercoaster
I think I understand it now
It's not the pain that can hurt ya.
I am wishing that I just knew how
To put ya on the back burner, honey.
Put ya on the back burner, honey.
The descending bending
(You are still on my mind.)
(You are still on my mind.)
You say our love is unending.
(When you come around, I am up and down)
Hold your thoughts to yourself
You say our love is for no one else.
You are still on my mind.
You are still on my mind.
You really bring the heartbreak closer.
When you come around, I am up and down
You flip me like a rollercoaster
I think I understand it now
It's time for the pain that can hurt ya.
I am wishing that I just knew how
To put ya on the back burner, honey.
You are still on my mind.
You are still on my mind.
Put ya on the back burner, honey.
When you come around, I am up and down
Put ya on the back burner, honey.
To put you
To put you
To put ya on the back burner, honey.
To put you
To put you
To put ya on the back burner, honey.
To put you
To put you
To put ya on the back burner, honey.

Writer(s): Amy Francis Stroup Copyright: Milk Glass Music

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. ~Author Unknown