Comments and critiques are welcome. Just don't be a troll, no one likes a troll.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

PPLD Thing #15: Learn about tagging and discover Del.icio.us (a social bookmaking site)

Exercise:

  1. Explore del.icio.us. Click on bookmarks, view tags, look at user lists.
  2. Create a del.icio.us account for yourself and discover how this useful bookmarking tool can replace your traditional browser bookmark list.

This is an interesting site. I exported my favorites list from Internet Explorer and it worked quite easily. MSN Explorer is another matter though. You need a third party app and some inkling of where Windows hides the MSN Favorites file. I'm giving up the search for now but I'll be back.

I can definitely see how del.icio.us can be useful and will probably look into it further even though I'm not sure I want to share my favorites with everyone.

Now, where is that @##$%! Favorites file? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. ~Author Unknown