Comments and critiques are welcome. Just don't be a troll, no one likes a troll.

Sunday, May 24, 2015

QOTD–Who Is Your Hero? Why?

I’m not really a person who has heroes.

Well, that’s not true, there are several people I admire for lots of different reasons but not one that stands out as “my hero.”

I guess I have lots of heroes.

Since I’m writing this in May between Mother’s Day and Father’s Day, my parents immediately come to mind.

IMG_0025

They managed to raise three boys and survived. Dad worked and Mom stayed home to take care of us.

Sure, we weren’t rich but we had everything we needed.

Then there’s my brothers.

My older brother, Ronnie, pretty much put his life on hold to take care of both my parent’s as they battled cancer. My sister-in-law, Ann, was right there with him so she makes my hero list as well.

My oldest brother, Keith, has had his own battle with cancer and won.

KEITH_~1

Suddenly, this has turned into a cancer post. Not what I intended but I might as well go with it.

Cancer is something that chases us all. I’ve had several relatives and friends that have battled cancer.

Some won. Some lost.

But they’re all heroes to me for fighting back.

I have one more hero for my list.

Terry & Evelyn_Wedding Day

My wife, Evelyn, she deserves all kinds of medals just for putting up with me for the last 30+ years.

Oh yeah, she’s a cancer survivor too.

 

 

While writing this, I was listening to Speak Out by Ralph Sharon Trio/Tony Bennett from MTV Unplugged.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. ~Author Unknown