Comments and critiques are welcome. Just don't be a troll, no one likes a troll.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

New Year resolutions update

It’s March 10th. In 5 days it will be March 15th. My 49th birthday. In 1 year and 5 days I will be 50.

Good Gawd!

With that in mind, I thought I would revisit my New Year resolutions and see how I was doing. A sort of quarterly review if you please.

You can read the full resolution post here.

 The motto, Be Positive – Be Healthy – Be Active – I have managed to be more positive so far this year and I have adjusted my eating habits to become more healthy. Being active is still a challenge because over the last couple of months I have been dealing with some chronic fatigue-like issues. Quite frankly, there are some days all I want to do is sleep.

The Resolutions:

Less elevators  Failing so far.

Less sweets -  Doing ok in this area. I’ve had a lot less cookies and such lately. I also gave up all soft drinks for Lent and am planning to keep that up after Easter. (side note to those of you who know me: No hell has not frozen over and I am not going back to church. I just think the idea of giving up something for Lent is a good idea.)

Less web surfing – Failed. But there is hope on the horizon. I have recently began pursuing funding for school and plan on going for Microsoft Certification in the very near future which will take up all my spare time.

More writing\blogging – I guess I’m about the same on this one but I have a few projects in mind that should help me out with this.

Less procrastination – Overall, I think I’m doing better with this. We’ll just have to wait and see.

More photography – So far this year I have only been out shooting once but I have a plan for that as well. I thought since this is my last year in my 40’s, I would commemorate it so I have accepted a “365” challenge and will be taking a photo each day starting on March 15th, my birthday, and ending on March 15, 2013. I’ll try to post them each day but if I get behind I will make sure they are posted by the end of each week.

Reengage – This has turned out to be my biggest goal for this year and I am diligently working on it.

 

So that’s it for now. Come back next week for the photo of the day. I’ll try to get a separate page set up so I can post all the photos on one place.

 

 

While writing this I was listening to "I Love You (Original Performance Series)" from "Emotion” by "Martina McBride"

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. ~Author Unknown