Comments and critiques are welcome. Just don't be a troll, no one likes a troll.

Monday, March 12, 2012

Be A Superhero!

STBwebbnrZoeResearch250x250

Ok, I’m shaving my head again this year to raise money to fight childhood cancer.

We all know somebody who has lost the battle to cancer. All types of cancer.

You know who they were.

Was it Mom or Dad?

Your best friend?

Your partner in life?

I lost both my parents, my grandfather, a couple of aunts and uncles and others.

It hurts to be so helpless.

All of those I’ve lost were diagnosed as adults. They had a chance to live full lives.

How old were your loved ones?

Can you imagine being 4 years old and having to fight something like this?

Alone?

I can’t either. That’s why I’ve decided to participate again this year.

 

So with all that said, I’ve got a couple of challenges for you.

1. Donate at http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/mypage/participantid/521478 and be a hero for these kids.

2. Find a local event in your area and participate. Be a hero for the kids.

 

I know what you’re thinking. What if I feel uncomfortable? What if someone laughs at me?

What if I don’t look good?

Guys, you know you’ll look good and macho with a shaved head.

And ladies, you’ll look hot too. Or if you don’t want to shave your head and have long hair, why not donate to Locks of Love?

All these questions ran through my mind last year too.

But after I participated and realized how much I was helping the kids I didn’t give a damn what anyone thought. I felt good.

So help the kids out and make yourself feel like the best person on earth.

Believe me it’s worth it.

 

Donate here:

http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/mypage/participantid/521478

http://www.locksoflove.org/

 

Come on. Be a hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. ~Author Unknown