Comments and critiques are welcome. Just don't be a troll, no one likes a troll.

Monday, June 4, 2012

Wakey! Wakey!

 

This morning as I was eating my McDonalds breakfast when I looked down at the bag that held the hash browns and saw this:

Wakey wakey

Immediately my mind went to the TV show “My Name Is Earl” and Earl’s infamous line as he tried to get his brother Randy out of bed:

"Wakey, wakey, hands off snakey."

Then I imagined how this marketing scheme came to be.

Picture a marketing team sweating out ideas while an upper level executive hounds them for results but at the same time rejects all the decent ones.

Suddenly one of the frustrated and fed up ad guys throws out “Wakey! Wakey!

The clueless exec loves it. “Go with it!”, he yells.

The ad guy just sits back and smiles smugly knowing that millions of people are not going to associate the phrase with hash browns.

That’s my theory. Let’s hear yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. ~Author Unknown