Comments and critiques are welcome. Just don't be a troll, no one likes a troll.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

To friend or not to friend…

Is that really the question?

Today, for the first time ever, I unfriended someone on Facebook.

In the past I have blocked a friend of a friend’s comments because they were just getting too offensive. Eventually I unblocked them.

I have also blocked posting from most apps, Farmville etc. I really don’t care if someone bought a virtual cow or won a virtual pie at a virtual county fair. 

I’ve even unliked some pages because their posts were clogging up my newsfeed.

But I have never unfriended someone.

I mean my standards for accepting friends are not that complicated. Family and close friends are automatics. Co-workers and old school friends/acquaintances are a shoe in. Just send me a request. I’ll even accept requests from mutual friends of friends.

And once your in, your pretty much in for life. I don’t ask for much, I read other peoples’ posts more than I post myself.

It would take a lot to push me over the line and force me to unfriend you and before yesterday I really couldn’t tell you where that line was.

FYI. Here it is.

Diss me and I can let it slide, maybe. Diss a friend and I will defend them and hopefully make you see where you are wrong.

Diss a family member, well…game over.

When I introduce my wife to you I expect a cordial response such as “nice to meet you” or a “how are you today?”

A Neanderthal grunt and look of disgust is not going to cut it with me.

Follow that by being arrogant, making rude comments and acting like you are too good to have dinner with me and my friends, then hit the road, bitch.

I’m sure we’ll cross paths sometime in the future, probably in the same type of social situation since we know some of the same people, but don’t expect any recognition from me.

When it comes to family, especially my wife, it’s one strike and you’re out.

 

 

While writing this, I was listening to "Call In Sick" from "Panic" by MxPx

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. ~Author Unknown