Comments and critiques are welcome. Just don't be a troll, no one likes a troll.

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Ouch!

Let me tell you, poor depth perception can hurt.

I decided to mow the front yard today. It has been weeks since the last time, mainly because of the constant headaches from eye strain.

Listen closely and you can hear the neighbors cheering.

Our front yard is surrounded by a retaining wall. The drop is about 2 1/2 ft. (See photo below)

I paid close attention to that obstacle and navigated around it pretty well.

What I wasn’t watching was the low hanging tree limb that I almost knocked myself out on.

 

After Landscaping

 

 

 

 

 

This picture was taken about 4 yrs. ago, the tree is a lot sturdier now.

 

Oh yeah, and did you notice the lighter upper section of the house? That actually overhangs the lower level of the house. The upper level sticks out about 2 ft. further than the lower level and it’s about 5 ft. off the ground.

I slammed into that at full walking speed. BAM!

I have taken more Tylenol today than I have everyday combined since my surgery.

Tomorrow I’m going to mow the backyard.

Maybe I better rent a seeing eye dog.

 

 

While writing this, I was listening to "Hard to Be" from "Family Style" by Vaughan Brothers

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. ~Author Unknown