Comments and critiques are welcome. Just don't be a troll, no one likes a troll.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

I’m a medical oddity, part 2

I went to see the optometrist at the Wright Eye Center yesterday for a second opinion. All was confirmed. Cataracts in both eyes and possible glaucoma.

Dr. G said that my eyesight without glasses was barely good enough to drive legally. You should have seen the look on Evelyn’s face when he said that. Now, I’ll have to argue with her for the next couple of months when I want to drive. She’ll probably put a GPS tracker on the car before I drive off. Keep an eye out for an ABP coming to your inbox soon.

Due to my insurance provider’s restrictions, I won’t be getting each eye done a week apart per usual procedure, I’ll have to wait a month between each one. It seems that they are ok with Dr. Wright performing the surgery, just not at his own facility. Sooo I have to go to the Colorado Springs Eye Surgery Center for the procedure and Dr. Wright only operates there once a month.

Swell. So I’m not sure what I’ll be wearing for a month since one eye will have good vision and the other will still require a Coke bottle lens. Dr. H had originally said that he could remove one lens of my glasses until both eyes are corrected. That would mean a month of geek\nerddom. I’m already having flashbacks to junior high school. My brother Ronnie suggested I do it up right and put some white tape on the earpieces and nose piece.

 

cutcaster-photo-100128068-Nerd-reading-book

                                                                                                                                Thanks Bro.

 

Maybe I can go without glasses and wear an eye patch over the bad eye. That would be cool.

MH900444845

                                                                                                                                     AYE MATEYS!

 

Anyway, time will tell and I’ll keep you posted.

Meanwhile, if you’re interested go to this link for some educational information from The Wright Eye Center.

 

  

 

While writing this, I was listening to "More Than You Can Feel" from "Secretly Canadian Summer Sampler 2011" by David Vandervelde

Blogger Labels: Wright Eye Center,glasses,surgery,Colorado,vision,Cataracts

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. ~Author Unknown