Comments and critiques are welcome. Just don't be a troll, no one likes a troll.

Friday, July 22, 2011

Anxiety….with more to come.

I went to the Wright Eye Center yesterday to fill out more paperwork, surgery consent forms, etc. I also received prescriptions for antibiotic eye drops and a list of pre-surgery procedures, dos and don’ts.

Routine and painless, right?

You wouldn’t think so by looking at me, I was scared out of my mind. “Are you ok?” Evelyn asked. “Not really” I answered.

It finally started to dawn on me that they will be sticking a scalpel in my eyes. I have no idea how big the scalpel is but in my mind, it is a VERY LARGE diamond tipped scalpel that will most likely require 2 people to hoist up.

I know the surgery is necessary. My only other option is to live out my life with uncorrectable vision clouded by cataracts but lately everything about this procedure is making me one big ball of nerves.

Ok, I will be sedated. They will use Versed administered via an IV.

Wait…an IV?

Did I mention that needles scare the crap out of me. What are they going to sedate me with in order to get that thing stuck in my arm?

When I first met my dentist, years ago, I told him he would have to gas me before he ever pulled a needle out of the drawer or he would have a fight on his hands. It’s been about 10 years and I have learned to sit through a routine cleaning and he has learned to gas me before he starts on a filling. 

I wonder if he will come with me and gas me before the surgeon inserts the IV?

 

 

While writing this, I was listening to "Breakin' at the Cracks" from "Breakthrough" by Colbie Caillat

Blogger Labels: dentist,Wright Eye Center,surgery,vision,cataracts

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. ~Author Unknown