Comments and critiques are welcome. Just don't be a troll, no one likes a troll.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 In Review

This is that post I write every year to see how I did on last year’s resolutions and goals. It’s also the post I write every year that I realize that the year has flown by and I didn’t meet half my goals.

Last year I resolved to read more, write more and learn more.

I met my annual goal to read 50 books and I also read a lot more magazines and listened to more podcasts this past year than I have before.

I always want to write more but even though I actually doubled the amount of my blog post this year it just doesn’t feel like I accomplished this goal to its fullest.

As for learning…I didn’t take any official classes online or otherwise but most of my reading this year has been on being mindful, happy, healthy, and accountable. I feel I actually did learn something and have been able to apply that to my outlook on life.

In the past I have always gone into the myriad of ways that I failed and then beat myself up over it. But not this year.

I tried, I won some, I lost some, I came out at the end of the year happier and healthier so that’s a win in my book.

Happy New Year and may your 2015 be the beginning of the best times of your life.  

 

 

 

While writing this I was listening to " Happiness" from "Timekeeper" by "Lucy Schwartz"

 

Happiness,
Happiness is here
Unexpected she whispers in your ear
Like a child,
Like a child,
You are new again
In the fields, fields you grew up knowing
In the fields, watch the flowers the flowers blowing
Like a child,
Like a child,
You are home again
And you're so beautiful
Tiny spark, held between your hands
What was lost, is lighted up again
Like a man,
Like a man,
You are hungry again
Tender heart, you have stopped your sighing
Tender heart, you have quit your lying
Like a woman,
Like a woman,
You are honest again
And you're so beautiful
You're so beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. ~Author Unknown