Comments and critiques are welcome. Just don't be a troll, no one likes a troll.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

No One Cares What You Had for Lunch: 100 Ideas for Your Blog by Margaret Mason

21puksAihxL__SL160_AA160_ #2 “Fess Up: Writing gives you time to consider how to present yourself. Online, you can be smarter, wittier, kinder. Alternately, you can be a mind-numbing bore. This sometimes happens because your audience (however small you think it may be) gives you stage fright. You worry that certain things could be misconstrued, so you’re tempted to water things down. You hone, delete, and reshape until you’ve sucked all the juice from your posts.”

Yep, that’s me. I continuously worry that something I say is going to be taken wrong and someone will be offended. If I can’t change this way of thinking then I will never continue to grow as a person. So from here on out, I am entitled to my opinions and if I upset or offend you then send me a comment and then suck it up and move on.

As for this book, it is a must read for anyone interested in blogging or writing. It is full of great ideas on how to keep your audience interested in your work and how to keep your work fresh.

Rest assured I took lots of notes and hope to implement some of the ideas in the near future.

 

 

While writing this, I was listening to "Feet On the Ground" from "Experience Music: A TuneCore Hip Hop/RnB Sampler" by Soulphonics & Ruby Velle

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. ~Author Unknown