Comments and critiques are welcome. Just don't be a troll, no one likes a troll.

Friday, January 1, 2010

Annual Recap of New Year Resolutions – 2009

I know this should be really titled “New Year Blah, Blah, Blahs” because no one really believes you will succeed in keeping your annual resolutions but I can’t just give up on believing that I can improve myself.

So with that said here is a recap of my 2009 resolutions:

1. Blog more – 50/50 success. I actually blogged less as far as my usual ramblings but I did add 2 new sub-blogs. Terry’s World: Book Page and Terry’s World: Reviews. Check them out if you are really bored.

2. Get healthier – I didn’t set any specific goals but I guess I did ok. I didn’t really lose weight but on the other hand I didn’t gain either. I sort of went up and down in the same 10-15 pound range. I improved my cholesterol levels as well as increased my vitamin D levels. That’s good enough for me.

3. Be more connected to others. – Another 50/50 situation. I gained more Facebook friends and reconnected with some high school friends as well as some great friends that I hadn’t talked to in years. But I also turned off my Facebook chat and MSN Messenger for extended periods of time. I tended to crave more “alone” time this year so I feel I became more withdrawn. I really need to work on this in 2010.

4. Continue to read. – Success. I didn’t set a specific number of items to read in 2009, I just decided to read at my own pace. To my surprise, I actually read 23 books over the last year. For a list, go to Books I Read In 2009.

5. Expand my artistic horizons. – Succeeded. I took a photography class in February and managed to take a few weekend trips for photo shoots. Check out my work at http://tgford.shutterfly.com/.

As for 2010 I intend to keep the goals I listed above but I have boiled them down into the following slogan:

 

BE POSITIVE – BE HEALTHY – BE ACTIVE

 

I know it’s a little vague and kitschy but it encompasses a lot of different ideas and goals and is open to interpretation. Feel free to use it if you like.

 

Currently Playing: "Ba Bump" from "Monkey Business" by Black Eyed Peas

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. ~Author Unknown