Comments and critiques are welcome. Just don't be a troll, no one likes a troll.

Monday, October 15, 2007

What if....

Ok, I took the offer but I didn't expect a background check to take 2 weeks. Here is where Paul Harvey would repeat "2 weeks" for extra emphasis. I had never experienced this kind of wait just to see if I had a job. In the past, I had never interviewed for a job and not gotten it, much less had to wait for a background check.

I have spent the last 2 weeks fretting. What could take so long? What could they have found that would slow them down? What if I don't pass? They even called me after a week to ask for a copy of my high school diploma. Luckily after 26 years I still have it.

But all this is past now. I called today and they have finished the background check and I start tomorrow.

Great, now a whole new reason to fret. What if they don't like me? What if I fail? What if.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. ~Author Unknown