So much for keeping up with the blog. As you can see I haven't posted anything since Nov. 2007. All is well, I'm still at the Library and love it but that is not the topic of this posting.
I wanted to talk about New Years resolutions and since today is Groundhog Day it may be the best day to bring it up. I mean, doesn't everyone make the same resolutions every year and pretend they have never made them (or broke them) before. I have waited a full month to make my resolutions so I could really think about it. My first resolution is not to make resolutions. I know this sounds like a contradiction but I decided to put more pressure on myself and set goals for this year.
Resolutions are usually made with the expectation that they will be broken. They are usually generalizations of better health or diet habits, etc...No harm, no foul because no one really expected you to do it. Goals are different. They are usually very specific and if you don't achieve them or at least give an all out attempt to achieve them you have failed.
So in this spirit I am going to list, in no particular order, some of my goals for this year. I'm keeping the more personal ones to myself.
- Update this blog at least once per month if not more. I believe by doing this I'll force myself outside of my comfort zone and possibly become more alert of what's going around me since I'll need new ideas to write about.
- Lose 50 pounds. I know this will be a tough one. It has taken me a couple of years of half-hearted effort but I am 50 pounds down from my highest weight ever.
- Call my brothers at least 2x per month. This may not sound like enough but its better than the once every 2 months I have been calling.
- Read 20 books. I made it through about 10 last year.
- Complete 4 paintings. I'm horrible at painting but I do enjoy it.
Ok, I know there are only 5 goals listed but I have others that I decided to keep to myself.
As always I'll keep you posted.
Currently Playing: Fatboy Slim - The Greatest Hits: Why Try Harder - Weapon of Choice